Picking up from the last update in November, the Ruling for the Twins did not happen on Thanksgiving Day. We did not get the answer until late February of this year, and the Judge denied our case just as the Judge for our 3 year old did.

We have spent the past couple months figuring out all of our options and just returned from our third trip to Africa. We are planning to take both cases to an appeals court. The appeals court only meets three times per year and the next meeting will be in June.

We are praying that our cases will both get accepted into the June hearing and that they will both get approved. If we cannot get into the June hearing then we will have to wait until the next hearing that will happen sometime in the fall.

The trip that we just took was our best trip yet. We had no court hearings to attend and no set agenda. We made the trip to visit our boys and to meet with our Attorney to gain a better understanding of all our options moving forward.

The Lord graciously burdened our dear friends to make the trip out with us to help gather photo and video footage of the country, orphanage and our family. We are beyond thankful for the company and support they provided.

(If you need a videographer for anything check our her website she’s awesome! Alix Bruson Films)

We were also able to stay and connect with local missionaries this time which has been a huge blessing. Throughout our time there the idea of “God’s Favor” came up multiple times in church services and conversations. God’s Favor isn’t really brought up all that often in American Christianity, and we felt like God allowed us to experience His favor during this trip.

We encountered many open doors and were able to accomplish more than we expected. Towards the end of the trip we were driving to the orphanage with a local woman who was coming to translate for us. She was asking about the birth parents of our boys and what led them to be adopted.

After sharing the story of their family she began to share her own story… She had been sick with cancer for many years and was told she would never be able to have kids. After getting married and miscarrying twice she got pregnant for a third time and pleaded with God that he would allow this pregnancy to be carried to term and let her have a healthy child or she would stop trying.

The Doctors all told her she would miscarry again. 5 months into her pregnancy her membranes ruptured and she was put on bed rest. The Doctor’s advised that she terminate the pregnancy and told her there was no way she would deliver a full term, healthy baby. She refused to terminate her pregnancy and at 10 months delivered a completely healthy (past-due) daughter named Favor.

A couple years later she was pregnant again and experiencing complications. Her previous Doctor refused to work with her because she was so stubborn and determined to have another child no matter how difficult or unlikely they thought it would be.

She said she never experienced more pain and affliction than during her pregnancies but just because it was hard and seemed impossible didn’t mean she should give up. She trusted God and endured so much pain in order to have her daughter and son.

She named her daughter Favor because she believed God’s Favor was upon her during her pregnancy and viewed her daughter has a gift from the Lord. In the days to come we were able to see Favor around the compound we were staying at, and this precious little girl gave us so much hope in the midst of our own journey to one day bring our boys home.

We believe God intended for us to be reminded of his Favor through out this trip and we definitely sensed it.